A wonderful morning of celebration and encouragement was held at Holdfast Baptist Church on Saturday 13th November 2021 for our Annual Assembly. Over 120 people joined together in worship, discernment, and thanks.
Holdfast began the morning leading us in worship before Mark Sanders, new to the Church Development Role, shared a very poignant message from Jeremiah, challenging all to invest time in listening to God and faithfully obeying his leading – even if that means buying a field when you are under siege!
In the business of the meeting, we recognised the following exciting announcements:
- We acknowledged the retirement of John Walker and thanked him for his many years of service to our movement;
- We welcomed into affiliate membership Bethel Mission Church;
- We celebrated with Mick Barrett, Lead Pastor at West Beach Community; Michelle Stevens, Executive Pastor at Clovercrest; and Beth Hoy, joint Lead Pastor at Aberfoyle Park, as they were accepted as accredited pastors with BCSA;
- Minutes of appreciation for retiring Baptist Care CEO Graham Brown, and thanksgiving for the life of Hoa Stone were given, and;
- Shane Austin, incoming CEO of Baptist Care, introduced himself via video.
After a delicious morning tea supplied by the wonderful volunteers from Holdfast, we regathered for the Baptist Care SA AGM and heard wonderful stories from Stephen Toon (Pastor at Holdfast), Jenny Pryor (Pastor at Port Pirie and Laura Baptist), Tyra Wanganeen and Terrence Wingfield (Leadership Internship graduates from Aboriginal Berean Community Church) and Steve Woods (Church Relationship Manager at Baptist World Aid).
These updates encouraged and heartened us that God is a big God, blessing us and always working in ways we cannot imagine. Delegates gathered in small groups to pray and thank God for these blessings.
Thanks to God for his amazing provision and blessings, and to Holdfast Baptist and the team of volunteers who hosted us so well. We look forward to meeting again in May 2022 – you are welcome to join us!