Celebrating Together in Service to People and Communities
Thank you to all of you who joined with us in celebrating the transformational impact of community service during August which was Baptist Care SA month.
It has been a great delight during the month to witness, to share stories and to celebrate how our Lord is working through faithful people who are working through their local Churches and also with Baptist Care SA to break through and overcome barriers to social and economic inclusion.
Let’s celebrate that during this month the BAPTIST movement has “EATEN, PRAYED and been INSPIRED” together:
- Many CHURCHES have heard messages about “Belonging Together on Earth… as it is in heaven” series. Click here for more details
- ENLIGHTENED individuals have been challenged about how we can be more inclusive of people living with disabilities in our churches, workplaces, schools and communities
- FAITHFUL people have ‘given the gift of hope’ by responding to the needs of people who are homeless and/or living in poverty by making practical gifts of food and blankets and made generous donations to sustain WestCare as a ‘Sanctuary in the City’
- PRAYERFUL people have walked, talked and prayed together through the streets of Adelaide that the light of opportunity would shine into the darkness of adversity!
- COURAGEOUS people who are doing it tough have been given hope, practical support and spiritual encouragement to keep going, in the face of daily adversity
- Our LORD has moved amongst us and stirred our hearts
- We THANK YOU Lord!
Reflection: If we believe that through His spirit, all things are possible… dare we ask ourselves what role each of us are called to play in extending biblical justice… on earth as it is in Heaven?
‘Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.’ (Ephesians 3:20-21)
Blessings to you as you search your heart and take your next step in obedience to His call on your life
Chief Executive Officer
Baptist Care SA