Connections Project Workshops and Inclusion Guides
Would you like to host a FREE disability inclusion workshop at your church?
The workshops are tailored to your church after we have a discussion with you, so they reflect the needs and interests of your church. These workshops have been co-designed and are co-delivered by people with disability and their carers. With group exercises and guest speakers, the workshops are fun, interactive and great local ideas are shared. Don’t just take our word for it!
To learn more about the workshops click here
Baptist Care SA is able to undertake these workshops across metropolitan and regional SA. Contact Sophie Laguna firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a workshop tailor made for your church.
Project Coordinator: Sophie Laguna 0418 359 225
Project Manager: Anne van Loon 0409 921 337
10 Inclusion Guides
As part of the Connections project, Baptist Care SA held focus groups and had a steering group for the project of people with lived experience of disability and carers who co-designed the content and provided photos for the 10 practical guides for inclusion. These guides use the voices of people living with disability to provide their top tips for inclusion, personal stories and examples that work for local churches.
- Disability awareness: Care for others
- Intentional inclusion: We are better together
- Accessible church: Disability is not the issue, accessibility is
- Effective communication: Relationships start with communication
- Creating support: Look out for one another’s interests
- Carers’ perspective: Welcome and understanding
- Managing challenging behaviour: Working together to find a solution
- Connected community: promote your activities
- Autism-friendly church: Engage, affirm, challenge
- A theology of belonging: ‘All one in Christ Jesus’
We give coloured printed copies of the guides out at our Connections workshops, and electronic versions can be downloaded from the Baptist Care SA website where there are additional links relating to disability-friendly church.
Visit the Baptist Care SA website for more