Development at Mylor Adventure Camp –A Special Place by Living Water
For over 60 years, Mylor Adventure Camp has been special place for thousands of South Australian’s who have experienced life-enriching experiences and strengthened relationships with peers and families.
For hundreds of SA Baptists who have come to faith at the site, it’s a ‘sacred’ place where they have stepped away from the hustle and hassle of daily life… into a quiet place by the Living Water (John 4:10) of the Onkaparinga River and have encountered the Living God who has re-oriented and transformed their lives.
Inspired by a bold strategic vision and underpinned by a heritage of faithful Christian service, Baptist Care SA has recently committed $2.9M toward the largest upgrade ever undertaken to the site’s facilities.
This exciting developments include:
- New Accommodation – Replacement of the old ‘Boys Dorm’ with modern accommodation facilities that meet all current requirements and projected needs and include adjacent small group ‘break-out’ areas
- Commercial Kitchen – Construction and fit-out of new commercial quality kitchen facilities and enhanced provision for self-catering
- Enhanced Dining Experience – Expansion of the dining facilities through construction of new Dining Deck areas with panoramic views over the unique horseshoe bend of the Onkaparinga River Valley…Wow!
- Increased Capacity for Growth – Upgraded utilities that will make way for further development, hopefully in the next few years.
These significant structural improvements will enable Baptist Care SA to expand the quality and range of adventure camping experiences that can be provided from the site.
The upgraded facilities mark the beginning of a new exciting era for the site as our skilled facilitators seek to:
- Provide improved amenity for Church camps and retreats
- Increase the number of people and diversity of groups benefiting from the site;
- Further expand their use of ‘Restorative practice’ models for work amongst disadvantaged groups as part of Baptist Care SA’s commitment to developing ‘transition pathways from adversity to opportunity’.
If you would like more details about future camp bookings please contact Bec Francis or Emma Polson on (08) 8388 5234.
If your life has been transformed by a ‘Mylor Experience’ and wish to make a financial contribution to support this exciting development, please contact Clare MacAdam on (08) 8273 7106.